Sunday 24 November 2013

THE Doctor

Who?
Yes!

Sorry to all the not-so-very-incrowd. Just had to put that one in.

Yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of the TV-show Dr. Who. 50 years of storytelling!

Well, not really 50 years. Another great part of storytelling, you will believe it, when the story is good. Dr. Who is a great show, so fans will believe 50 years. But it has been on air from 1963 till 1989, and restarted in 2005. Which means not 50 years worth of shows, but 50 years between the first airing and this day.

I have seen some episodes in the 80s. They scared the living daylights out of me. I can't even remember what the episode was about, but I know I didn't want to see it anymore. When I entered the Lord of the Rings realm, a lot of Dr. Who fans were there as well. I gave it another try. And since that time I'm hooked.

Which means I celebrated The Day of The Doctor yesterday.
An amazing episode, David Tennant and Matt Smith make a great comedy duo. John Hurt, well that man can't do anything wrong, in my eyes, since The Storyteller. Just have to hear his voice and I'm happy.

But what I love even more, all the spin-offs popping up with just one TV-episode.
Have you seen the Google-doodle about Dr. Who? 
It is also a game, the Daleks (enemies of the Dr.) have captured the Google-logo and you have to help the Doctors to free it. (I have to admit, I didn't free it. I'm just terrible with games).

The BBC has a complete part of their website devoted to Dr. Who. With fun spin offs for the day and making offs for the episode itself. Even if you aren't a big fan, just have a look, to see how much work they put in around the telling of one story, the story of the Dr.


2 comments:

  1. If you like Dr Who, BBC iPlayer has made all episodes available. From the 1960's until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Patricia for the suggestion. I will check them out and see if I like the older ones now that I'm older (and maybe not as easily terrified).

    ReplyDelete