Monday 6 January 2014

Take your time girl

Stories in Music, I have already shared a few with you over the last few weeks. The next one is from a Dutch singer-songwriter, but I truly want to share it with all my friends.

Take your time girl. By Niels Geusebroek.

First the song is so sweet. I absolutely love it. The first time I heard it on the radio I thought it had to be from a singer from the UK or the US. Because Dutch songs aren't usually that good. But it is that good!

And second, the story behind it. The beat that you hear in the beginning of the song and that is carried through the entire song is the heartbeat from an unborn baby. 

The song was composed at the request of a couple of Dutch radio DJ's. A colleague of theirs, Hannelore, the news anchor, had showed them the ultrasound of her baby girl. And they thought it so special, they asked for the song.

When you look at the video, the woman you see is Hannelore.



And the little heartbeat has now started her own story. Olivia was born on January 1st 2014! (So we share our birthdays!)

No comments:

Post a Comment