Sunday 30 March 2014

Inspirational speakers

Being able to tell a good story, to make it captivating for the listener. Being able to get your story across in such a way your audience takes it with them and use it. That is a gift, a great gift.

Some people have that ability. At SXSW I was present at the key-note speech of Neil deGrasse Tyson. Before I had never heard of him. I wasn't even sure I was going to attend the speech. It was about space and technology. And I'm not very interested in space. But he was the key-note and I was told you should always attend the key-note, for they give great speeches.

And wow, were they right. That man can tell a story! A great voice, a great presence. An amazing storyteller, both funny and interesting.

He is currently the presenter of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey on the National Geographic Channel. In The Netherlands it is broadcasted on Sunday evening. And I have my DVR set for it. Very interesting, even if you are, like me, not that interested in space, it is about our history and our future. From the tiniest microbes to the unimaginable huge galaxy we are all part of.

So if you want to see a great storyteller in action, go have a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment